We have entered into the world of birds....thanks to Pop pop. My dad has several bird feeders in his back yard and the boys are always so intrigued by them. They love to watch the birds from the window, and enjoy filling the feeders with food - and especially leaving the 'leftovers' from dinner on the feeder for the poor hungry birds. We really enjoyed this at Christmas, and I knew that being closer to Pop pop would mean the boys would want their own bird feeder.
Today, while shopping with Nathan at JoAnn's he spotted bird houses and feeders. He flipped out! He was so excited at the thought of having his own bird feeder, and being able to paint it he snatched up all of the little sample pictures to take home to daddy. Being the quick thinking mommy, I told Nathan that was a daddy treat and he and daddy would have to come pick one out and paint it. I thought that this would deter him from the task, and I could get out easily from buying this wooden house that no bird within 100 miles would go near let alone eat out of.
I wasn't so lucky. As soon as we got home Nathan took his pictures straight to Dan to show him. He really was so intent on getting one and quite persuasive - so we promised him we'd get him one.
We didn't know it would happen so soon though. The following day was my first Thirty One Party here in Colorado, and Dan was left to watch the boys for the afternoon. I hinted at the idea of him taking the boys to get their bird houses - and thus was the fun afternoon activity with Daddy!
When I returned from my party I could hardly get out of the car the boys were so excited to show my their surprise! It was so sweet to see how excited they were over them, and how much fun they had had with Daddy!
I was so proud that he remembered to take pictures of the fun too! He knew I'd love to document their fun with Daddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment