Parenting is hard, long, tiresome, draining, and often discouraging. There are many days Dan and I lay in bed at night and ask ourselves how many times we're going to have to say this or that, or how many spankings will it take for them to learn __________. It's exhausting. Like our former Pastor said in Fla, "If you're exhausted at the end of every day in raising young ones, you're doing it right." Dan and I remind ourselves of that at least once a week - all in hopes that we are doing something right.
I can say that we have seen some success in recent weeks! While this is most likely due to our life settling into a new 'normal,' I know it is due in some part to the rules we have been enforcing and that teaching that we do 24 hrs a day ( it seems).
With the boys being so close in age, and both being boys - they are into the same toys. Which means - sharing. I can honestly say that they do a surprisingly good job of sharing. This hasn't always been the case. From early on I started setting the timer on the oven. When they were arguing over a toy I would just pick a kid and say in 2 min its your turn. Wala, it seemed to work. If they fussed, they had to wait 4 min. I don't feel as though we've been doing this very long, and now the boys don't argue or fuss....if they want a turn they just know to come ask me to set the timer. It's been wonderful! A taste of sweet success!
No comments:
Post a Comment