Friday, July 30, 2010

Why men are babies.....

We all know it, Men turn into babies when sick. They want to be cuddled and taken care of. They want to be doted on, as if we were their mothers. Many wives have wondered why is this so. When we as women get sick, the world still keeps turning, the dishes and laundry seem to pile up almost instantly, and our work which already took 26 hrs to completed in a 24 hr period still remains.

Many a sick day have I longed to be resting on my parents couch, being doted on my mother. Do I get to do it, No. Do I act like it and expect my husband to fulfill the role? NO.

Then, today it hit me. Both boys have a minor cold. Snot and a cough is what it sums up to be. Nothing big. For my boys though, whom very rarely get sick - this was quite the travesty. Both of them milked this illness to it's fullness. I had to wonder - why? Is it genetic? Does the testosterone take such a toll on the brain inutero that they suddenly regress to infants when a mild illness occurs?

As I started to take care of them, it occurred to me I am encouraging this behavior! Yes, me, I, myself, momma is encouraging this! As have all mothers for centuries. It is so often that my boys allow me to cuddle and dote on them. They are quite independent, so much past their walking years they have not cuddled. When the kids are sick though, and lack energy, I am able to cuddle them and snuggle them as much as I want ( emphasis on I). Poor things are too weak to escape if they tried. Over time, the male species has been accustomed to this form of medicine and now require it each time an illness plagues them.

Problem solved, future wives of Nathan and Drew can thank me. Illness training will begin now, or maybe next time their sick. I need to go cuddle some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment