Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Chocolate Team

From his first taste of chocolate, Drew has been a chocolate lover! There isn't a long list of foods that this kid will eat willingly, but mention the word, "chocolate," and it's gone.

So it should be of no surprise to me our conversation while baking cookies today.


After reading, Who Stole the Cookies from the Cookie Jar, before nap. I knew that we needed to bake cookies when they woke up. I also printed off a few cookies and cut them out to play a little game as well when they woke up.

I mentioned the game and the cookies when they both woke up, and Drew instantly went for the cookies. Forget a game with paper cut out cookies. In fact, when he looked at them he cried. He thought that real cookies weren't part of the deal.

As we began to pull out the ingredients to make real cookies, Drew took possession of the chocolate chips. He didn't let go. Ever. I asked him if he wanted to help unwrap the butter and his response was, "No, mom. I'm on the chocolate team." I asked him if he wanted to scoop the flour. The answer remained the same. Kid was determined to do the chocolate - and that he did!


No comments:

Post a Comment