Yesterday, in our Beth Moore Bible study we discussed this phrase, "Who am I, that the Lord has brought me thus far." We listened to Beth discuss it for just about an hour. We laughed with her about it, and then teared up listening to parts of her story just how far the Lord has brought her.
The application portion was particularly daunting, and has stuck with me for the last 24hrs. Today, it struck me while going into the restroom. The boys were at the table with my husband, and I dashed into the restroom by myself. (As we all know, that's when the food arrives)
In the split instance that I chose my stall, this phrase hit me, "Who am I, that the Lord has brought me thus far." Talk about God's sense of humor and timing. He has brought me so far in the fact that I can go into the restroom by myself. As in, I can fit into the little stall again and not stand in line waiting for the largest stall available to fit myself, stroller, children, and diaper bag. As in, I can be in and out of the restroom in less than five minutes and it not be another 'event' that I need to orchestrate. As in, I don't have to worry about little hands touching everything covered in 'bathroom' germs. As in, I can enjoy some peace and quiet and just take a minute to
sit and catch my breath and say a little prayer to make it thru the rest of the day.
Wow, the Lord has brought me that far! And, it's only by His grace that I can say that. There were so many days back then that I didn't think I would survive. Or more fitting, I would survive, but I didn't think my children would. Yes, thank you Lord. We all survived those days of potty training one boy, while trying to change another little boy, and praying to God that I wouldn't be shot with number 1 or number 2, by number 1 son or number 2 son. Yes, our bathroom visits were quite the episode.
Even so now when I do have the two boys, it's in and out in five minutes flat! In most cases we all get our own stall, do our business, wash our hands and we're done. Although, there is the occasional sword fight with urine if the boys are sharing the same stall (such was the case last week). BUT, all in all, I can still stand and say, "Thank you Lord, you have brought us thus far!"
No comments:
Post a Comment