Drew is usually my morning child. He wakes up and is instantly talking. This has been fine with me up until about a week ago when he started waking up at 6am. I am usually a morning person, but not a 6am morning person since having kids.
The first words out of his mouth are usually that he's hungry. Just like me, he needs something in that empty tummy right off the bat. We usually head downstairs and get a bowl of cereal to tide him over until our real breakfast. This morning at our real breakfast, Drew was to the point of getting sleepy again. It was around 7:30, and he'd been awake just long enough that he was starting to tire out again and become fussy. Sitting at the table he refused the waffles I had made for him. As I started to tease him, he turned around and elbowed me.
I was in utter shock for a brief moment, and then had the wonderful thought, "Wow, he's going to make an excellent basketball player someday!" Now, only a mother who had played/coached would think of that first. I had to chuckle at myself, and then discipline him for using his 'muscles' to communicate his attitude towards me. After all, we use words in our house! Unfortunately, I'll have to wait a number of years before I can verbally applaud him for his elbow throwing skills.
No comments:
Post a Comment