Sunday, March 6, 2011

Science Class

A few weeks ago my mom told me about a neat and free science class to take the boys to. It is at the local teacher store here in town, where my mom has picked up some of the coolest toys for the boys. We usually don't have any plans on Friday so this freebie event was a must!

It has been years since I have been to the store, and was so excited to see that they had added a toy store to the other side of it, complete with a sweet shop! The boys were in heaven as I got my coffee, playing in the huge castle complete with dress up clothes and ride on toys. It was every child's dream! I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get them out of there to go to the science class.

We made it down to class just in time for the boys to get their seats up close! There were about 12 kids present and one science teacher in a lab coat. She was a grandma, and had been teaching for many years. She was great with the kids and taught them a neat lesson on matter: solids, liquids, gas. She held the kids attention for well over 45 min, and even had them making hot chocolate!

While the kids were in class, the moms sat in the back and visited. I made a new friend, Emily, and had a nice time drinking my coffee and visiting with her. She also informed me about another great Friday event at the Skating Rink. We'll definitely have to try that one out as well!

The kids were still in play mode after class was over, so we headed back to the castle to let them play some more. I was able to browse the toy store a little more and make a 'wish list' of items that the boys would enjoy playing with. We will definitely be back!

I think the majority of it went right over Drew's head, but Nathan got a good bit of it. As we were making lunch later than afternoon we reviewed solids, liquids, and gases and Nathan was correct for the most part. So neat!





No comments:

Post a Comment