Monday, September 21, 2009

2009 Summer Fun in the Pool

As the pool season of 2009 winds down, I can't help but soak up every last minute of pool time there is! We have had such a wonderful summer in the pool swimming, laughing, and playing - and I dread the thought of it being too cool to hit the pool whenever we want. It has been a great source of 'play' for the boys, and it drains their energy completely! Dan and I love our evenings at the pool flirting, playing, and talking with each other. It is truely blissful down there some evenings.

As we were walking down to the pool this afternoon I couldn't help but reflect on how far each boy has come this summer in their swimming ability. It's amazing to think that just 4 months ago, they were both in super suits and Drew had to still be held by Dan or I. Nathan was timid to jump into the pool, and Drew didn't like being dunked under the water. Neither of them like to float on their back, oh, wait -that'll never ever change!

Now, by the end of our glorious summer, both boys are free in the water! Nathan is fully swimming, and Drew is safe running around and jumping in with his super suit on. Nathan can only swim underwater though, and hasn't learned how to take a breath and keep on swimming - he just holds it the entire time. His favorite thing is to be able to dive down and get the torpedo, while Drew loves to twist in circles and be thrown in the air.

I am so sad to see this season end, but was reminded by my wonderful husband of the fun 'fall/winter' family activities we have: family bike rides tops the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment