
A favorite book of mine, while teaching, was always, Pete's a Pizza by William Steig. I am not sure at what point I ran across this book, but it has always been one in my memory. Several of these good books are still HIGH on the shelf in Nathan's room, and I will pull down one every once in a while to share with him as a special treat. They then are place on the shelf in his closet, more easily for my reach! (The other one is basically on the ceiling of his room - 10 ft up).
I had not shared this book with Nathan yet, but it came to mind while we were rolling around on the couch Saturday morning and I was trying to ask him what he wanted for breakfast. As he asked for pancakes, I immediately started to mix him, and stir him, and then pat him out flat like a pancake. We then proceeded to bake him on either side, and flip him with the spatula. He absolutely loved it, and so did Drew!
No comments:
Post a Comment