Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Preschool

Nathan has started preschool! It's so hard to believe, and yet, I couldn't wait any longer. He is a busy boy, and I am thrilled to have him be busy in a classroom learning with other children. I know socially, it will be so good for him.

His teacher Ms. Jen Johnson, is a favorite already. He took to her immediately and was already telling grandparents over the phone how much he loved her. Both grandparents have been 'on-call' the last few days and have heard step by step of this going to school process. I am so thankful for 'involved' grandparents.

On Tuesday, we went to orientation, where Nathan was able to see his class, meet his teacher, and play with friends. I am so blessed to know many families he'll be going to school with, so it was just as much a get together with my friends, as it was with his.

Nathan did have homework for his first day. Mrs. Johnson gave him a bear to decorate. His classroom color is grey, which I was bummed about for several days. Grey - who teaches their kids grey? He knows almost every other color, but not grey. SO, I've been pointing out everything grey for a week so that by his first day of school he might know 'his' color.

Thankfully our Buckeye roots run deep, and we were able to turn the drab grey into Scartlett and Grey! Nathan now knows his bear as the Buckeye Bear, and was thrilled to have mommy and daddy help him create his bear.

As we began this assignment last night, Dan and I couldn't help but reflect on the fact that it was the first of many of thousands of homework assignments. We jokingly discussed who this assignment was for, it's purpose, and how involved we would get in future assignments. What a good laugh that was!

No comments:

Post a Comment