Thursday, September 3, 2009

First Day of Preschool

Nathan completed his first day of preschool today! He was so cute getting dressed this morning, putting on his new clothes, and new shoes. We had talked it up all week long, and he knew something special was taking place today.

Without talking up the 'preschool' thing, he would have never known much difference, considering how much time he has spent at Big Church. Thankfully he grasped the concept that today was a 'different' sorta day at Big Church. We even went a different way, trying to avoid the traffic. About 5 miles till church, he asked, "Mom are we almost there?" He knew it took longer than usual to get to church. Needless to say, the morning routine needs some serious fine tuning. From getting us all out the door, dressed, snacks and lunches packed, we have some room for improvement. Also, I am going to have to figure out the best way to get there - depending on the time we leave each morning. There are several different ways, and I'd love to know the quickest!




As we walked up, I tried to stop him for a quick picture, but being good to his nature, he quickly ran in. In fact, he walked right into his class, and headed straight for the play doh. I had to go say goodbye to him, and he was even annoyed that I did so. I never do that when I drop him off for Sunday School, so I'm sure he was wondering what his crazy mommy was doing.




Surprisingly, Drew was the one who had a fit. He was determined to stay with his older brother. I had to carry him kicking and screaming out of the room. We had a fun morning, just the two of us though, and I really have learned the benefit of one on one time with him. It has been an awesome week learning who he is and watching his little personality emerge, separate from his brother.

Drew was so thrilled to pick up his brother from school. He squealed in delight after being away from him all morning. Nathan was very sweet and gave him a nice hug, as if he had missed him too. It's so special to watch them love on each other. I know it will not last for long, so I tear up each time I see it. My heart literally jumps for joy - as if to say, that Dan and I are indeed doing something right in raising them.

After our first day of preschool, we headed to the mall to meet up with some friends, both Nathan's and mine, for some lunch, and first day of preschool ice cream treat! Yum! Yum!
I couldn't help but capture the three older boys eating at the kids table. So sweet, and to think they've been besties since they were 8 mos. old!

No comments:

Post a Comment