Sundays are not typically the best day in our house. I don't know if the devil just sees it as an opportunity to work over on the Lord's Day or what - but he surely has our weak points figured out for Sundays!
On this particular Sunday the Hackers won against the evil one! We had a great day with the kids, and lots of laughs. Admist the laughs were several quotes from our beloved number one son that I had to write about.
"There's a gun in my pants" - Aftengr lunch we have about an hour to wear the kids out before naptimes. As they were playing, Dan and I laid on the floor and thru pillows at them, and caugh them to tickle them. Nathan, being the bright boy that he is, decided he had had enough and was going to come in and stop the nonsense. He found his nerf gun and proceeded to come in and 'police' the situation. He had it tucked in his pants and everything. It was too funny. He ran into the room, yelled "STOP, I've got a gun in my pants." Dan and I rolled in laughter, and then proceeded to question him about the gun in his pants. Needless to say, the conversation went dowhill from there. He did end up saying that he was just like Mr. Chad (a police officer friend). Mr Chad was thrilled to learn that Nathan wanted to be just like him, gun in his pants and all!
"I wanted to see Curious George's tooshie" - Nathan's favorite book to read at bedtime for the last month, and has been my BIG Curious George book. Not only is it BIG, but it's also ALL Curious George stories, and is kept high on the shelf in his room. Daddy and Nathan have had a great time readying through it. As he is one of the new favorite characters, Nathan enjoys sleeping with Curious George each night. On this particular night, we went in to find him naked. Yep, Nathan had taken off his cute red overalls, which is a feat in and of itself as they're a tight fit! When we asked him why had had done that, he replied, "I wanted to see Curious George's tooshie." Simple enough, right?! Guess his mommy is a little too obessessed with tooshies. Oops!
No comments:
Post a Comment