Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wonderful Idea....

I cannot remember who - but someone shared with my recently this wonderful idea for all of your children's school/church crafts. If you'd like to take credit for it - you can leave a comment, otherwise, I might just have to take credit for it myself.



With Nathan starting preschool, he is coming home with all of these cute little crafts and papers he has so meticulously colored/painted/stickered/markered or glued on. My heart breaks to throw them in the trash, but I cannot even being to fathom all of the items I will want to save over the next 15 years of his schooling. The thought overwhelms me. So, someone shared with me the idea of taking a picture of it. Yes, a digital file of his handiwork! Those millions of digital pictures that I will take over the next 15 years will take up so much less space in my house than all of the boxes of neatly categorized crafts for my two boys. While I will be sure to save some things - like his very first homework bear that he created for Mrs. Johnson 3 weeks ago - I won't feel so guilty in throwing away the other misc. crafts that he creates the rest life. I will still have a momento of them, without the clutter in my house! I think I could kiss the person that shared this info with me, although, I'm 99.9% sure it wasn't my husband.



Here is the first of many digital files of Nathan's handiwork! This was a bear that he created on his first day of preschool. The night before he had created his own Buckeye Bear, but this was his own bear he created to go along with all of the activities he had completed on his first day of school. It was all based off of the book, Going on a Bear Hunt by Oxen and Rosenberry. It was so cute as they had a little obstacle course set up in the hallway illustrating to the kids how to go over it, under it, and thru it! Grammy had given this book to us quite a while ago, so Nathan was quite familiar with it - but now on a whole new level!






















No comments:

Post a Comment