Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fun with friends on the farm

On our drive to Ohio last week I had the crazy idea of texting my friend Beverly "Ohio is only 8 hours from Georgia". She moved there shortly after our move to Colorado, and had become my moving buddy. We have laughed together, cried together, and shared great stories of 'dating' other friends in our new hometowns. And, when those new dates didn't work out so well, we've called each other homesick.

She's just about as crazy as I am for a spontaneous trip, and I knew she was homesick enough to make the drive....and it worked! She loaded up her kids one morning and made the nine hour drive from Atlanta to Columbus! She arrived late one evening after we had put the kids to bed, so the boys didn't see each other till the next morning. I wish this picture of their embrace had turned out better. The memory of it will have to suffice. It was precious!


After the excitement of 'friends' we all dressed in our farm clothes and headed to Xenia to the farm. (I have to say that unknowingly Beverly and I dressed identically - some things never change).

As soon as we arrived to the farm, the boys discovered the John Deere Peddle Tractor and wagon. They had great fun playing with it while we decided the best plan for the morning. Sweet McKenna discovered the dog food, and enjoyed feeding them.

Before heading to the fields to get on the tractors and combine we headed down to see the stinky cows. I loved seeing those tooshies all perched up on the rail.



All four kids squished in the back for our short drive to the fields.
They loved breaking the rules and being out of their carseats!


We arrived just in time for Keaton to join Dan on one of the tractors.
He hopped right in there just like he'd been doing it all of his life! He was so excited!




McKenna just wanted to drive!


All three boys in the combine with Tom.


Unloading.

Dan lost some corn on one of the turns, and the kids didn't mind! They could've played in it all day, I think. They even brought some home to play with!

After a busy morning of riding tractors we spread a picnic blanket in Grandma's front
yard for lunch. The kids immediately started a tickle fight! It was so cute. They were just
rolling and laughing and having a great time on a beautiful day!


After lunch we headed back for one more combine ride, and some tractor pictures...
then headed off for a nap in the car!

No comments:

Post a Comment