The Friday before Easter we took the boys for their Easter/birthday portraits. I was so excited to see them all dressed up in the blazers an collard shirts and knew they'd make the perfect outfit for pictures!
Grammy and Pop pop went with us Good Friday, and we made a great evening out of it all! The boys did great for the photographer, and she worked very well getting them to smile.
I love these individual pics. Sure they're posed, but I love the fact that they're posed as little men - because that's what they are. They are men in training, and I'm so proud of the little boys that they've become. It's a glimpse into the fine, young men that I worked so diligently each day to train.
Both Dan and I hang onto the words of our dear pastor, Joel Hunter. On more than one occasion he encouraged parents of small children "that if you are completely and utterly frustrated at the end of the day, then you're doing something right." He would go on to share stories of raising their three sons, and how physically and emotionally draining it can be on a daily basis. It was, and is such an encouragement to Dan and I. We, many night,s, lay in bed, and quote those words to ourselves knowing that we have done our best for that day in raising up Godly men.





No comments:
Post a Comment