Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Family Fishing Day!



Nathan's favorite activity right now is fishing. We have been a total of two times, and have managed to pick the two ponds in Colorado that have no fish in them. Despite our unsuccessful trips, he loves it.

On Sunday, we were gearing up for our two weeks trip to Ohio, and I just wanted a day to ourselves. We skipped church, had a big breakfast, and then headed to the pond near the ACSI office. It was a gorgeous day, and we had a nice relaxing day at the pond.

The scenery is to die for, and I loved using my new camera to take pics of the boys fishing. There is just something to calming for them outside, and it was particularly evident today. Nathan had been bouncing off the walls all morning, but settled right down, and managed to sit in the same spot for sometime just fishing. I am just simply amazed at how well he does at it, how much he enjoys just sitting there casting and reeling, and how natural he acts out in nature.

To say that I have come to enjoy fishing is an understatement. It has provided for some great family time, and is very relaxing for all of us. Plus, it allows me more time with the camera capturing my favorite subjects!




I love Drew's stance. He just throws his whole body into casting.


Nathan untangling his line


My 3 boys fishing



No comments:

Post a Comment