Monday, July 11, 2011

Sleep

Sleep has always proven to be a challenge for Drew. Most recently we have found him sleeping in the strangest of all places. The first time this occured was last week in Utah. I woke Friday morning, and couldn't find Drew. The light to the front door was on, and I was terrified he'd wondered downstairs for breakfast by himself. (He woke me up each morning asking to go downstairs for breakfast). After a mild heart attack, I found him asleep under the night table, between the sofa and the wall.

Two days later, I went to kiss him goodnight one evening, and he wasn't in his bed. After searching upstairs and not finding him, I begin to panic and search the entire 3 floors. No Drew. I took a peak outside, in the garage, cars, and closets - No Drew! After adding some serious grey hairs to my head, Dan found him in the back corner of my closet.

Thankfully, God has given me a wonderful husband, who told me to grab my camera next time I couldn't find Drew. It would keep me from seriously panicking, and allow me to get a great shot for the blog!

Today, at naptime provided the first use of my husband's great advice. I found Drew asleep in our new ottoman in the basement. He was all tucked away in there with the pillow and blankets. It was really quite sweet looking. Someday, he'll look that sweetly tucked away in his bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment