Sunday, July 10, 2011

Vinyl Time


Several weeks ago I stumbled across a blog with a similar calendar on it. I fell in love! I was even more in love when I discovered that it's just a vinyl cling that you buy off of etsy - $18! Now, that's my kind price! 

I have wanted for some time, a calendar, and then below it a magnetic board for the kids stuff. With this type of calendar, I could purchase matching frames, and Wala - it was perfect for what I wanted. 

After a month of it sitting downstairs in the craft room, I finally got it done! I absolutely love it. 
Or, should I say, I loved it when it was completely empty. Now, it's full of our commitments, trips, events, and misc. other things we have going on in our lives this month. 

This time last year, it would have remained blank. There, quite honestly wouldn't have been a need for a calendar - there were no events going on, just family time. We knew no one, and our days consisted of meeting mom for picnic lunches, going to the park, and trips with daddy. In fact, there were weeks when I don't think we left the house for much of anything. It was a wonderful, special time that I am so thankful for and will look back with great fondness. It grounded us, and helped center the boys after several tumultuous months of having just mommy around, and then a big move.

Upon our move last year, I took at least 6 months off of all commitments. It was so refreshing. Slowly after January 1st, those commitments and events have filled our calendar. 

What a mixed blessing: we have formed a life here with friends and family so therefor we're busy. The downside, we have less time for just the four of us. Somewhere, there's a balance, and it will be our goal this year, to maintain that balance.


No comments:

Post a Comment