This is one of Nathan's favorite songs to sing each night. It's so sweet to sing to him, and to now hear it back. Sometimes he'll just break out into song at a store, and while a little embarrassed, I am also quite proud that my 2 yr old can witness to those around him. I pray each day that he remembers that God is Good!
As I listen to him sing, I can't help but think back to the day I found out I was pregnant with him. I was 25, and not in a place in my life where I wanted children. Dan and I had only been married for 2 1/2 years and we were loving life, each other and having fun! I thought that the plans Dan and I had were perfect, clearly God had other plans - a little boy named Nathan. It has taken a long time for me to realize that God is good, and he knew what Dan and I needed. He knew that if we had waited the 5 years we had planned, it wouldn't have been right. God knew that in order to become who He wants us to be, we needed to become parents.
Yes, there are days when I wish I could go to the restroom by myself, take a shower without having to share the water with a 2 yr old, or just finish a conversation or a cup of coffee - but those things are making me who God wants me to be. I am learning this lesson over and over. While I wish I could have learned this lesson the first time, I am enjoying the journey of relearning it!
No comments:
Post a Comment