After 3 attempts, we finally made it to the pumpkin patch. I was so ecstatic! For over a year now it has been playgroups like this that I couldn't wait to experience with my boys.
It all began last year when I was teaching school. I kept hearing about these wonderful trips to the farm, zoo, library, garden, strawberry fields and pumpkin patches that I couldn't wait to go to with Nathan. I longed to have that special time with him and experience all the "firsts" alongside him.
For some reason the pumpkin patch hit especially home. Maybe it was one of the first trips I heard about and missed last year, but I could not wait to go! I talked about it for weeks, and just imagined all of the wonderful pictures I could take among the orange pumpkins. I even looked through their closet to make sure they had matching outfits that would look good with orange. (Green polo shirts)
The night before our trip to the pumpkin patch I came down with the flu. If it was a cold, I would have suffered through. This was the hard core flu though and I couldn't even budge off of the couch. I was so upset, but was determined to make it another day.
I was very thankful when I got an email from some friends at church about another pumpkin patch playgroup. YEAH, we'd be able to go. I was going to be able to get my pictures after all! The night before I laid out their outfits and got everything ready to go. The juice cups, snacks, diapers, and lunches were all set. That morning we woke up to rain! I couldn't believe it. My hopes were dashed, yet again!
Thankfully my wonderful husband took notice of the pumpkin patch dilemma, and offered to take the boys and I the next Saturday. I was thrilled! We waited until after Drew's morning nap, and headed out to the pumpkin patch. While it only lasted 30 min. it was great! We took beautiful pictures; mainly of Drew as Nathan was too distracted to sit still. What started out to be a dilemma, turned into a beautiful day with the entire family. What beautiful memories! Thank you Lord for knowing what is best, and not necessarily what I define it as.
No comments:
Post a Comment