Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Aquatica


This summer one of our favorite activities has been going to Aquatica, Sea World's water park. We had no idea when we bought the passes, how much we would benefit from it! With all of the chaois of the porch project underway, it has been wonderful to escape the house and just spend time as a family.

With the evening showers, it has worked out perfectly to meet Dan after work, just after everyone has left the water park. The heat is not as intense, and the crowds have subsided - usually. The kids love the slides, and Drew manages to do the toddler slides by himself quite well. Nathan has now learned that is you run and jump on the slides you can go faster. The faster the better = Hacker style.

I love the kiddo rides too! After my experience with Dan on the toilet bowl ride (at least that's what I called it), I stick to the kiddie rides! They are just the right tempo for me. I especially love the parent/child ride. It's a double raft where the child sits in the front, and the parent in the back. The slide has just enough curve and length to it to make it fun for both of us!

Our second favorite ride has to be the river rapids. The boys love it just as much as Dan and I do. The first time we were all floating on it all Nathan could talk about, was how he was like Nemo - floating through the ocean as a family. His analogy of the situation was so sweet!

Our discovery of the family restrooms top off Aquatica as being our favorite water park! We can all go in, shower off (with soap provided), and get the kids in their pj's. It's a perfect! The boys are worn out and ready for bed!









No comments:

Post a Comment