On our second day at the beach, Dan and my dad went to play golf, and mom and I hit the pool with the boys. While at the pool, we met several of the regulars including Noah and Fay. Fay, a woman in her 40's with MS, and her dad Noah have been coming to Daytona Beach for 20+ years. Originally from NC, they spend at least 3 months of the year at the condo. It was interesting to hear their story of how the times have changed, and how the hurricanes have affected the beach, sand and condo.
What was most spectacular to me was to watch Noah with his daughter. For over an hour I watched him as he helped her float in the pool and diligently count out all 100 strokes for each of her limbs. I watched him help her float around the pool and stretch out her muscles that are so ridden with MS. I watched him carry her to the lounge chair where she suns her backside, and warms her muscles. His love for her was so touching.
I couldn't help but reflect on my own two boys, and my gratefulness for their health. As tiresome as two boys can be, I wouldn't change that for anything! I couldn't help but think of Noah's love for his daughter, and whileshe's grown, his endless task of taking care of her day in and day out.
No comments:
Post a Comment