Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Ouchies


Drew is now in that stage of his life where ouchies occur daily, if not hourly. In any given day his body is taken over by his head, he in knocked off balance and he is knocked to the ground - usually in the same spot on his noggin'. This week, his head wass o bagned up I had to take a picture - to remember someday that kids fall and get hurt, and survive.

Dan and I have always had a good tolerance for the kids getting hurt, or getting ouchies. Dan's mom prepped me well by telling me that if the boys don't get a bruise a day - they're not being boys! It is so true for these Hacker boys! A bruise a day is just about on target!

In the midst of our porch project, both Dan and I match the kids. From climbing around in the attic stumbling over ladders, Dan and I have shins and forearms full of bruises! (Dan's has quite the looker on top of his head too) I am beginning to think that that's just a Dad thing though. The title comes with automatic scrapes and bruises on your head. For the longest time I thought that might have just been an age thing (both our dad's are relentless in knocking their head around). I have since learned that it's just comes with the title of being "dad." (Or maybe Dan has just reached the ripe old age of hitting your head countless times).

Despite all of these ouchies, I am so thankful for protection over our family and the boys! There is not a day that goes by that I do not pray for their physical safety. They are so active and I know that it is only by the grace of God that they are still in one piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment