Absolutely! I see this more and more everyday.
For instance, Drew now eighteen month old asks for a napkin to cough or blow his nose. That is not typical for a firstborn child - unless the parents have taught him that skill, or should I say, conditioned him to do that. I was completely caught off guard at Drew's request today at the restaurant for a napkin. I couldn't help but think to myself that Nathan would have never done that at 18 mos. Only because Drew has witnesses his older brother blowing his nose, or 'catching' a cough has he started to do this at such a young age.
I am so thankful for both of my boys and am constantly amazed to see them take care of each other. Our pastor, Joel Hunter, has raised three boys and is constantly sharing in his sermons stories of how he and his wife have raised. Dan and I appreciate his stories of survival, and his words of wisdom on core character traits that they instilled in their boys. Joel always talks about the "Hunter boys" which has appropriately been turned into "Hacker boys."
So far we have coined these phrases:
Hacker boys love each other.
Hacker boys don't whine.
Hacker boys take care of each other.
I love that concept that they are "brothers" - Grrrr! Nothing will come between them (no girls), they will always stand up for each other and protect each other. It's so exciting to see what their future holds as they will all too soon be Hacker men.
No comments:
Post a Comment