Saturday, June 20, 2009

Dayton Beach - the first 10 min.

Yes, within the first ten minutes in Dayton Beach I knew I had a great story to blog. Get out your tissues, for you'll be laughing so hard you'll have tears.

For a 5 day trip to Daytona, we sure did have a truck full of stuff! Poor Dan couldn't even see out of the rear view mirror. We were very thankful that the condo had shopping carts for us to cart all of our stuff up to the room with. We would have spent much of the first day making trip back and forth otherwise.

We managed to fill up two shopping carts full (like the grocery store kind), and then fill the top of the rolly cooler, and two rolly suitcases. Nathan was quite proud to wheel his own suitcase, while Dan pulled the cooler and other suitcase, and I had the two shopping carts. Drew was dawddling behind us all. As we proceeded to the lobby, with the elevators, Dan was stuck holding the door open while I pushed and pulled all of the carts in. As you can imagine, Nathan walked right in with his suitcase, pushed the button and walked right in the elevator before we knew what had happened. As I rushed after him, Dan pulled the last cart in the lobby door, only with witness Drew stepping on the other elevator. At the age of loving buttons, Drew wasted no time in hitting the panic button (which was the lowest one on the key pad). As the door closed behind Drew, Dan reached in and stopped it with his arm and managed to pry it open. This of course was all heard by the operator on the elevator who was asking if we needed help. Help?! Of course we needed help, we needed help when we first started loading up the carts with all of our luggage. Poor gal was about 10min past the 8 ball. Dan proceeded to tell her that our toddler pushed the panic button, and we were fine.

Meanwhile, Nathan was loose in the 24 story building with his suitcase- somewhere. Thankfully Drew's elevator managed to take them to the same floor. Dan said the doors opened and Nathan was just standing there.

You might be wondering at this point where I was. Let's just say I was standing in the lobby watching this all take place in utter disbelief, and really wishing I had a video camera so we could win 10 grand! It was all I could do to keep from laughing. Dan wasn't thinking it was so funny though. His poor arm will have another great bruise from rescuing one of his boys. What a daddy!

Good thing we're celebrating Father's Day this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment