Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Awana

Tonight was Nathan's first night at Awana. There had been some mix ups with getting him in Awana, and I was so thankful to receive a call on Monday that he could attend the Wednesday night program at our church.

Since he's not in preschool this year, making friends has been difficult. While we attend church each Sunday, there's no real way to connect with the other kids ( that I would know of). I knew being in an Awana class each week, would allow him a chance to be away from his brother, to be in a classroom setting, and a great way for him to start learning Bible verses. Dan and I both had such fond memories of Awana, that it is definitely a priority to have our children be apart of such a wonderful program.

While he had no clue what he was being signed up for, Mommy defnitely tried to play up the concept of "Awana" all week long. By the time Wednesday rolled around, he was excited to get his book, vest, and meet his classmates!

He was so proud wearing his little vest, and when I picked him up, he couldn't spit out his first verse fast enough. It was priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment