Tonight I cannot help but write.....I just tucked into the bed the two most adorable, active and healthy little boys a mother can ask for.
Ever since they were 'at that age' where once they're asleep you don't move for fear of waking them up, I have longed for the day when I could check on them at night and love on them while they slept. During those first few weeks of motherhood I think I was too tired to appreciate the newborn deep sleep - when I could just cuddle them and love on them 24 hrs a day. Oh, how I long to be able to hold them and kiss them while they aren't aware. I longed to pray over each part of their bodies....the ones that frustrate me (crazy hairs that won't lay straight and little fingers that wonder into mischief) as well as ones that melt my heart ( eyes just like their daddy's or sweet lips that give me kisses).
Since moving to Colorado and introducing the bunk beds, I have relished tucking my boys in while they aren't aware. The tucking them in while they are aware is another long and painful story...
As I laid there tonight and prayed over my boys I cannot help but grieve for the loss of a young girl in our church. So thankful and intentional in my actions with my boys this week -for just 10 short weeks ago her parents were living a 'normal' life with her. What a constant reminder of the gift of my children.
So for tonight I am thankful.....for the hairs on their head that kink the wrong way, the ever so long eyelashes of my youngest, the brown eyes of my oldest, and the two sets of skinned knees laying in those beds - but most of all, for those hearts still thumping within their chests. Thank you God for just one more day that I can be their Mother.
No comments:
Post a Comment