
I don't think I will ever forget Fish Creek Falls, nor the wonderful day we spent here. And, as I suspect, we will return. We had a wonderful trip with Dan to Steamboat, and finding this waterfall topped it all! It was just a short little hike down to the waterfall and bridge, and the boys were in awe over it. The first day we just stopped to check it out - and Dan and I knew we could easily spend hours here with the boys - so we returned later in the week for a real adventure!











As you can tell from the pictures, the boys had the most marvelous time climbing down in the riverbed, on the rocks. They both got their footing rather quickly and scaled the rocks as if they'd been doing it their whole life. Their little adventurous minds were hard at work, analyzing which rock to scale next, and which path would get them to the base of the waterfall. They'd stop every once in a while to throw a rock in, or to stare down into the creek - but for the most part they were on the move. Nathan led the way, with some of Daddy's help, and we constantly had to tell him to slow down, and wait for the rest of us. He was in BOY Heaven! Drew did remarkably well for being 2, and quickly learned how to maneuver his way around the large rocks himself. Both Dan and I helped swing him from rock to rock for the larger ones - and only once did he get a foot in the water - and even then he didn't complain.
It was an absolutely glorious day with the family....just soaking in the sun and splendor of God's creation.
No comments:
Post a Comment