While the heat of the summer had taken it's toll on the gardens, evidences of it's beauty were everywhere. It was breath taking alone in mid September, so I can only imagine it in all of it's glory in Spring. (Note to self for our next trip).
The boys had fun following the various paths throughout the gardens, and exploring the ponds, creeks, and bridges. Such a place of tranquility - for two boys to devour with their running, screaming and laughing. It was wonderful to just sit there and watch them explore without a care in the world. The weather was perfect, the sun was setting....the only thing missing was Daddy. While I thought about bringing him back another evening, it never worked out....and I'm not sure it would've captured the magic of that first evening we discovered the gardens. I couldn't help but think back to the Garden of Eden - the beauty, tranquility, peace, and splendor. Of God, watching His children explore the new world, and everything that it held. What a beautiful glimpse into heaven that was.
These last three pictures of Nathan were so fun! I could just see his mind at work...
No comments:
Post a Comment