Friday, September 3, 2010

Steamboat Springs - Old Town Hot Springs

The TOP of my list for activities in Steamboat Springs, was the Old Town Hot Springs. It is like a water park with water from the hot springs, ie. heaven!! Before we arrived there, the greatest aspect of the Old Town Hot Springs was their childcare! I was so excited to be able to put the boys in childcare, and spend an hour by myself in the hot springs. I think I was as giddie as they were that morning, and couldn't have imagined not having them there with me. The boys were so excited to spend the day swimming, and I was excited to let them. While the weather was cool, the water was nice and warm. We soaked in the water for almost 3hrs that morning, and returned after naptime that afternoon.

There were several different pools for the kids to play in. The first was a large kiddie pool, which both boys could stand up in! It was wonderfully warm and big. It had this great crab for the kids to climb on and slide down. They had a blast, and stayed in this pool most of the morning.

The other pools and hot tubs all varied in temperature and depths. Several of them had bridges over them and water fountains in them. It was very kid friendly and there were life guards everywhere. The place was pretty much empty, so the boys and I had a great day in the water.
While I wish that I would've, gotten more pictures, getting out of the hot springs was COLD. We literally dashed from one pool to the next, and didn't stop for much of anything - including the camera. It was tough as I wanted to capture every moment of the glorious day, but the memories will have to suffice as I was just trying to be with them.




Poor Drew was so exhausted that evening from all of the swimming, he zonked right out in his KING bed. It was the first time in weeks he slept thru the night. I'm hoping it was the swimming, and not the kind bed - since it'll be a long time till he gets a bed that big to himself!

No comments:

Post a Comment