Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Cousins


Over the last few days the boys and I have had the privilege of watching baby Lorien. Dan's cousin Lindy and her husband live just down the street and both work at Focus on the Family. Lindy has a great schedule and works 3 days a week, and has her Mother in Law to watch Lorien on those days. For the last several weeks though, her MIL has been helping her daughter with a new baby - which left Lindy without a sitter for Lorien. The boys and I were thrilled to have her join us for several days!

It was so fun to have her around and the boys kept her entertained plenty. I never heard a peep from her for the first 2 days. The boys loved to bring her toys to play with (none of which were appropriate), but all of which she loved to hang on to. I think she also loved having the boys at her beckon call.

They both were such a great help with her as well. Lorien has just turned one and is crawling/standing, and not quite walking. The boys wouldn't let her leave their site. If she did move, they made sure to let me know it. They wanted to wipe any drool at the first sign, and also were intent on holding her while she took her bottle, especially Drew. He just loved to love on the baby. Which in turn was her name for him.

Lunch time with the 3 of them was especially a treat. Lorien does great with eating table food and provided real competition for Drew. It was wonderful!! I might just borrow her for meal times. I think those were the first few meals of Drew's life he has fed himself, and eaten in less than 45 minutes. There were several days following lunch that they all just sat there and laughed at each other. It was truly precious. I did take some video. We'll have to see if I can figure out how to download it.

For now here are some pictures of our time with her.


No comments:

Post a Comment