Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The first snow


Yes, tonight we enjoyed our first snow! We had been hearing about a possibility of snow for several days, but around here you listen to the weather forecast and let the wind blow it out the other ear. As the boys woke up from their naps this afternoon I could see the storm coming in over the mountains. Within an hour it was sleeting, and shortly thereafter snowing.

Wanting to make our first snow of the season special ~ I came up with as many snow ideas
as my brain could think of. We started off by reading snow stories in our igloo tent,
followed by baking snowball cookies.



By the time we finished making the cookies and eating dinner the snow had really started
to accumulate. By this point the boys couldn't resist stomping around in it!


I figured if we were going to do this, we needed to do it ALL THE WAY! So we got on all of
our winter snow gear and headed out in the snow. This was the best picture I could get of
the three of us with the timer.

Drew holding his first snowball - just before he threw it at me.

Making snow angels.




"Um, Mommy, I need help!"


The celebratory hot chocolate with colored marshmallows!

No comments:

Post a Comment