Thursday, November 18, 2010

Rabit-oli

Since moving to Colorado, we have eaten a variety of meats. On many different occasions Dan has eaten elk, bison, buffalo ect. and we have discussed it at any given time. Nathan was quite intrigued by this idea that we eat animals, and often asks us what type of meat we're eating or what animal it has come from. We have had some very intereesting table talk over the last couple of months, and have had many laughs over what type of food and animal Nathan thinks we're eating.

This particular story, couldn't go without being blogged about!

On Sunday, we went to eat at the Olive Garden. I have been working with the Olive Garden on a donation for a Military wives dinner, and after making several visits there, and talking with the managers on the phone - I was craving Olive Garden!

Dan and I typically will enjoy the Soup and Salad and let the boys split an appetizer. On this Sunday, we ordered them some fried ravioli's ( new treat). As the boys dug in, Nathan inquired as to what it was. He went on to eat several, and then asked us, "How'd they get the rabbit in the rabit-oli?" It took both Dan and I a second to understand what he was asking. And once we did, we both doubled over in laughter. He thought the ravoli's were stuffed with rabbit meat! I don't think we'll ever let him live that one down!

No comments:

Post a Comment