This morning the kids woke up extremely early to see the snow. They opened their blinds first thing to take a peak - and then were off for the basement to play. By the time I called them up for breakfast (let's just say it was much later that morning), the snow was melted.
As they sat down at the table, and I opened the blinds for some sunlight, their little faces dropped. They ran to the wind and were devastated. They couldn't believe it was gone so fast. I seriously think I saw Nathan tear up. He was so sad. I assured him though, that this was just the beginning of winter and we had six more months (sigh), of potential snow.
The following day it was still. so. cold. There was no snow though, or so I thought. As we walked into church for Bible study the kids spirits were lifted with the sight of little white balls on the sidewalks. They started jumping up and down and screaming,"Snow, it's snow." There were several other moms around, so I was slightly embarrassed. I quickly tried to hush them, and drew them in near to inform them that it was not snow, but salt. After a quick science lesson on why they throw salt on the sidewalks, and a quick comment to the laughing moms, we proceeded into church: the boys heavy-hearted and a slightly embarrassed, but amused momma.
No comments:
Post a Comment