Tonight I was reminded what a wonderful life I have, we have. After naptime this afternoon I felt the urge to get out of the house. We had not yet been to the malls in Denver and with the sun setting at 4pm these days, a nice trip to Denver and a walk around the mall sounded delightful.
As we left the house that evening, I remembered that Starbucks was serving 2 for 1 holiday drinks before 5pm. Thankfully we were just in time! It was just the right addition for our drive to Denver - sipping hot holiday coffee and singing Christmas carols with the kids.
Even though it was before Thanksgiving, the cooler weather and the Christmas lights on the houses/mountains sure made it feel like Christmas. While I normally don't like to listen to Christmas music till after Thanksgiving, it was a perfect start to the season! Nathan remembered many of the Christmas songs from last year, and Drew just chimed on in when he thought he knew it.
We had opted to eat at Cheesecake Factory to use a gift card for our cheap family night out. While there was an hour wait, we knew a walk around the mall would occupy our time. We happened to walk out right as Santa was reappearing from his break, which allowed us to jump right in the short line to see him. The kids were so excited. I can't even begin to describe it, other than just pure joy and anticipation to see him. I wish I had had my video camera.
Nathan walked right up to him and talked to him and sat on his lap. Drew was a little more skeptical of the white haired man. He was by far the BEST Santa I have ever seen. He was so kind, gentle and patient with Drew. He did a great job and helping him not be afraid and set the stage for future Santa visits. It was precious.
We enjoyed a delicious dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, complete with sweet potato fries and all! We concluded with a walk around the mall again, and then headed home singing most Christmas songs. It was just perfect, and made me so thankful for our sweet little family!
No comments:
Post a Comment