Saturday, November 6, 2010

That's what I do, I save people.....

Yesterday just before dinner Drew had a choking fit. Now typically my kids don't choke on anything or have coughing fits - so this one got my attention. It seemed as if Drew had coughed for several minutes with me by his side. I kept asking him if he'd eaten anything, or if something was in his mouth. I patted his back, and looked in his mouth and couldn't see anything - but the coughing/choking fit just kept going. I asked Nathan to bring us a drink of water, to which he replied, "Yes, of course, that's what I do, I save people." The things he says constantly amaze me.

After Drew had a sip, he got real quiet but still seemed to not be able to quite breath right. He wasn't coughing anymore, so I thought this time it was really stuck and he was choking. I asked him if he could talk, to which he replied in a voice as plain as day, "NO."

Too funny for words. Between the two of them we have stories like this all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment