Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter

Our Easter celebration was a full week long this year. We went to three different Easter Egg hunts, and had our fill of candy, fun, and friends! Aunt Beth, aka Aunt Erin flew in for the celebration and enjoyed chasing down the boys at the egg hunts. I really appreciated the extra set of hands as well. It's a whole new ball game chasing down two kids at the seasonal affairs!

One new aspect I enjoyed with having two kids was being able to observe them helping each other. It was so sweet watching Nathan help his brother gather eggs, carry his Easter basket, and eat his candy.


Aunt Beth also had fun helping Dan and I prepare the Easter Bunny tracks. From Nathan's room thru the living room we left bunny tracks that led to his Easter basket. We couldn't find the baby powder so we improvised and used Gold Bond Medicated powder. I was unaware it had an odor until I had already stunk up the whole house. Poor Beth was sleeping in the living room and smelt the brundt of the stench. Thanks Aunt Beth!

The stench was worth it though when we saw the face of Nathan on Easter morning. He was so cute, and I was thankful I was able to witness it! (I am typically not at home on Sunday mornings when the wake up, as I'm at church) He immediately saw the powder, and followed it directly to his basket and Easter treats. It was so sweet! When Drew woke up 10 min. later he was thrilled to lead Drew on the path of the Easter bunny tracks.








We were even able to ride to church as a family on Easter Sunday. While I was stressing over the last minute details of Sunday morning childcare, I was thrilled to be able to dress up and attend church with my family.



1 comment:

  1. Your family picture is so good. I am glad the boys had a good Easter!

    ReplyDelete