Monday, April 20, 2009

The funeral home.....

I just love the phase that Nathan is in now (typing this sarcastically of course). He is in the everything is a question, and I have to be constantly talking, so I might as well inquire about any fleeting thought that I have, or any object that comes into view. AH! Yes, he is continually asking questions. Thankfully God has given me the patience for this, and on most days can continually spout out answers as we drive all over town, or as we're running on the bike trail.
The other day Nathan left me in a quandry though with his series of questions.

As we were on our way to big church, we turn past a funeral home. Nathan of course asked what the building was and I responded that it was a funeral home. Hoping that answer would suffice, I quickly tried to change the subject. Yeah right! He proceeded to ask me who was in there, what happened in there, and so on. As best as possible I answered stating that was a place where people remembered others who had died and gone to be with Jesus. (Thank you Holy Spirit for those words) Nathan's response to my answer consisted of the fact that he wanted to go into the funeral home as well. He wanted to be with Jesus.

How honest is that? That even a 3 yr old realizes that earth is not our home....heaven is.

No comments:

Post a Comment