Dan and I love the beach as long as we have somewhere to go clean up - preferably a hotel room. We have actually never gone to the beach without having a room to shower off in immediately. So our boys have not had a lot of beach time needless to say. Our trip to the beach was amazing though - so I have a feeling we may be making more long drives home salty and sandy.
We were so thrilled that on this day it was windy! We were also thrilled that Uncle Alec had flown kites his entire life. Within minutes Alec had the kite up in the air, and Nathan was thrilled to pieces. He held onto the kite for the rest of the afternoon - evening sitting on it, while he played in the sandbar.
While Drew took a nap in the condo, Nathan and I searched for shells on the sandbar. Nathan was thrilled to pieces to walk with mommy, hold his kite, and pick up random objects on the beach. We even found some sand dollars! Sand dollars are special to Dan and I as this was our wedding favor. It was a special treat for me to find one with Nathan.
After naptime, Drew and Dan met us at the pool. We swam there for a while before we cleaned up for pictures. When we found out we were going to the beach, I went on a hunt for matching shirts for the boys to have their pics taken in. My mom had gotten them each white cargo pants as part of their Easter outfits, so a cute shirt would do. As it turned out, I found the perfect shirts at the GAP! Dan was so good to humor me while I took pictures of my boys.
In the condo where we were at, there was the cutest little white-washed rocking chair. As soon as I saw it, I knew that it would be perfect for the pictures on the beach - and it was. They loved playing with the chair in the beginning of the "shoot," but once Nathan saw the torn down sand castle, he could think of nothing else. It was a challenge from then on to get pictures of them.
Dan tried to help keep Nathan focused on the pictures, but inevitably it ended with a spanking. For future picture taking tips and techniques, I don't recommend a spanking during a photo shoot!
At last, I can play in the sand!
No comments:
Post a Comment