Saturday, April 4, 2009

Mischievious little one....

This week I had one of those days - you know the kind where you just want to crawl into a hole and not be a mother, wife, woman of responsibility. Thankfully these days are few and far between, but it was just a rough one that consisted of many tears, lots of yelling, spankings, and ice cream!

From the moment Nathan woke up, I knew. I knew I was in for it! There are days that he wakes up and you can just see it in his eye. There is no amount of spankings, or time outs that can undo it. It's just going to be a long rough day. And that it was. From a permanent marker all over a borrowed toy, to a broken light bulb the days was disastrous! I couldn't clean up a mess fast enough. It was all I could do to keep them alive.

I was looking so forward to naptime, and about the time it rolled around, I realized I was in for a fight. Number 1 - wasn't going to nap. He has started this every other day nap thing. It's really quite annoying and frustrating. My sacred nap time is so precious, and is the one hour of the day that I can actually accomplish something. Well, on this day, as I was trying to get thru my multitude of emails - number one was getting into serious trouble! He proceeded to play with my makeup, dump out water on the living room floor, and then get into some "balloons" of daddy's. You know, those balloons for daddies - that are typically hidden in the dresser drawer? Yes, Nathan discovered them and put one on each hand. When I discovered him he informed me that he needed gloves to keep his hands warm. Too furious to laugh, I yanked them off, told them they were balloons, and ushered him back to his room for rest time. I should have known not to lie to my son.....5min. later he was up again, this time asking me to blow up the balloon for him. Yeppers, his lips were all greasy from lubrication, and he was blowing his hardest into the "balloon." At this point, I couldn't help but laugh, and usher his little bootie back to bed!

Thank you Lord for the glimpse of humor in what was a long wretched day!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I read this post to my husband and he said "THAT is horrible". Glad your Friday went better~

    ReplyDelete