Monday, April 27, 2009

Spring Garden.....


Last Spring Dan's mom came and helped me plant my first garden. We planted a few herbs, chives, and then some tomatoes. Surprisingly, they thrived! Dan gives credit to God, who kept them alive....not me.

So this year I was feeling quite ambitious with my garden and we planted much more. We not only have herbs, chives, tomatoes, but also yellow squash, green bell peppers, and zucchini. This week long project was quite the undertaking for the boys and I. Nathan and I spent many days preparing the soil and digging up bulbs from pre-existing plants. Nathan had a wonderful time digging these up, and you would have thought it was a T-Rex fossil. It also provided for a great science lesson. We learned all about plants, roots and what plants need to survive. He has had a great time learning about them and helping mommy keep them alive! It's been three weeks and they are still green!

No comments:

Post a Comment