Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Going to the doctor....

Last Friday Dan and I both had physicals at the house. Curious George Nathan was intrigued by every little thing that happened. From the blood pressure cuff to the drawing of blood - he was watching. He was especially curious why daddy had to pee in a cup.

As the nurse was listening to daddy's heart, and taking his blood pressure Aunt Beth and I were explaining to Nathan all the places you can "listen" to your heart: your neck, wrist, foot. It was at that point Nathan lifted up his foot to his ear to listen to his heart! It was so funny we couldn't help but laugh.

The timing of our physicals could have not been more perfect! They were scheduled last minute, but at a perfect time as both Nathan and Drew had their annual physicals the following Monday. Needless to say, Nathan was thrilled to get his blood pressure taken, have his blood drawn - and pee in a cup. The nurse was a little skeptical that a three year old could pee in a cup, but I assured her that he had peed on every tree in Orange County, and one little cup would be a piece of cake! I was right too. In fact, he almost made it over flow.

This is one of the many instances I am thankful for my boys, I cannot imagine trying to get a three year old girl to pee in a cup. What a messy job that would be!

No comments:

Post a Comment