Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Two theme parks in one day = too much!




On Thursday, we were able to head to Epcot and Magic Kingdom with Aunt Erin and Uncle Alec. Alec had never been to a Disney Park before, so we had to get him there before they left the country.






We started our day off at Epcot. I had heard that there was a Nemo ride there, and knew that Nathan would thoroughly enjoy it. Nemo is his flavor of the year, and he knows all of the characters by heart! It was so neat to be able to see them come to life! He and Drew both giggled with delight when they saw the characters, heard the pelicans say, "Mine, mine, mine," and ride through the movie through the ocean.




Definitely our highlight for the day was riding the Toy Story Ride in Magic Kingdom! We all loved it the fact that there was no line for the ride and all of the movement neon lights and shooting guns! It was a blast! Nathan rode with Uncle Alec, and Drew rode with Erin and I. About 2 min. into the ride Erin and I started to freak out as our booth was spinning around. Neither one of us care for rides, and we were both terrified that it was some sort of a roller coaster. Thankfully I looked down and saw that it was Drew moving us around. Each booth had it's own gear shift, that made you spin around. I quickly handed him the gun to shoot with so that we would stop spinning! It would have been a long ride with Drew driving it! I don't think either Erin or I would have made it.

The other highlight of this ride was the shooting guns. There were bull eyes all over the ride, and each person in the booth had a gun to shoot with. It had a red light on the end and made noises everytime you hit the bull's eye. It even kept score. Alec scored in the hundred of thousands due to his military training, Erin scored in 100,000 even, and let's just say I attribute my low score to the fact that Drew had it the majority of the time.




As soon as we came out of our ride Buzz Lightyear was waiting for us! Talk about perfect timing?! Nathan was thrilled to tell him all about the ride and give him a high 5!







Both of the boys love music, and during the heat of the day we escaped to the other side of the park for some cooler rides. I thought for sure that the boys would love Country Bear Jamboree - but I was wrong. It was nice and cool inside, but I don't think they had updated the exhibit since I was there 15 years ago. In fact, I don't even think they had dusted the bears. It was gross and boring. At least it was cool in there! We were all appreciative of that!

We headed from the boring bears to Pirates of the Caribbean much to Nathan's chagrin. I was hoping he had forgotten it since January- no luck! He spent the entire ride with his head in my lap, and my hand over his face and ears. Poor kid was terrified until we stepped off the boat. He then proceeded to tell Alec that it was fun, and he wanted to do it again. We all had a good laugh!


By late afternoon the boys were melting down, and poor mommy couldn't even get one decent picture with the kids - too funny! What fun memories though!

No comments:

Post a Comment