Sunday, August 14, 2011

Jesus Loves the Little Children


For the last three months this has been Drew's song. Every afternoon, and each evening this is the one and only song he wants to sing.

After four years of singing Jesus Love Me to Nathan, I was admittedly thrilled for Drew to have his own song. After singing red and yellow, black and white a few too many times, I was ready for a change.

The change I was hoping for consisted revolved around the entire song, not necessarily the words. Well, Drew just opted for a word change, and so for the moment we're going with it.

After our trip to Ohio, all Drew can talk about is Aunt Beth and Tyler (Aunt Beth's beau). So instead of listing the colors, it's Beth and Tyler, Drew and Nate, Lauren, Matthew and Big Nate.....Jesus loves the little children of the world. Again, trying to add some variety I have snuck in different family members' names....but none will do. I get a prompt hand in the air, and a, "STOP" or "NO, no, no, I want Beth and Tyler."
None other version will do.....

So on that note - goodnight Beth and Tyler. Buddy you'd better stick around for a while because any other beau will be referred to as "Tyler" or maybe not even accepted by the little nephew.

 FYI - Beth and Tyler....Jesus Loves you!! From: Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment