Thursday, August 18, 2011

Kindergarten and Drew

Kindergarten has been an adjustment for all of us, including Drew. His older brother is now gone most of the day, and we all wondered how Drew would do without his big brother around for him to imitate. He has been his brother's shadow since he was born, and now he is forced to just be Drew. It's wonderful, and I have been looking forward to this for sometime. Some one on one time with Drew, and some time for him to develop his own personality and identity.

Thankfully the first day I had a meeting at church. It provided some distraction for all of us. It even allowed for Drew  to be able to pack his book bag, snack and lunch.

Day two we had a play date scheduled with friends, which once again provided a distraction and reason to pack a book bag, snack, and lunch.


Day three....now what?! Drew and I have stayed at home all day playing, laughing, putting puzzles together and just having fun. We even baked homemade pop tarts, which has been on my list to make for months!

I really think I am starting to like this. I'm not sure if I've got the hang of it just yet, but we're getting there. And let's just say, Drew is eating up the attention, and he is going to figure out his identity in no time flat. For today, he was Mr. Funny Man. Which makes for a fun companion for the day, and I'm looking forward to plenty more!

No comments:

Post a Comment