Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Nathan's First Day of Kindergarten - by Mommy
This morning Nathan woke up bright and early ready to head to school. This is very uncharacteristic of him, which told us he really knew what a special day it was. Usually he likes to lay around and sleep in, but not this morning. He was up even before his brother.
We had laid out Nathan's clothes the night before, and within five minutes of him waking up he was dressed. Again, not typical for him.
We were even able to get him to eat breakfast before we left at 7:15 this morning. We were shocked! I pray that each school morning runs this smoothly.
As we jumped in the cars to head to school, Nathan jumped in with Daddy in his truck. Since Dan and I were headed in two separate directions afterwards, we each drove separately and he opted to ride with his Daddy on the first day of school. I'd be lying if I said it didn't bother me. My consolation is the next ten plus years of driving him to school.
We arrived at school just in time to walk him in, take some pictures and get a kiss goodbye! He never even looked back!
When we picked him up he was all grins, and full of details about his first day of Kindergarten. As we walked out, a friend of mine asked how it went (to me), and he responded with, "Great, I loved it!"
For the full twenty minute drive home Nathan talked my ears off. From telling me wild playground tales, to being the line leader it sounded as though he had a fabulous first day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment