Thursday, August 11, 2011

What I've been up to.....

For the past four months, I have been working on 40th Anniversary books for both sets of our parents. So, forgive me for the lack of blogging just the basics.

It has been both an honor and priviledge to document the weddings that took place 40 years ago, and help honor both sets of parents who have so willingly dedicated their lives to the verse found in Joshua, "but as for me and my house we will serve the Lord."

Both Dan and I are so thankful to have had such a wonderful example set on either sides of our families. We were both raised in loving, Christian homes and were brought up by parents who lived and breathed serving the Lord. We are so incredible blessed.

Ironically, our parent were married the same year, within a week of each other, and honeymooned at the same location - Niagra Falls.

While looking thru all their pictures it was hilarious to see the same backgrounds, similar dress, and even the same patterned china.

The pictures are treasures, and I am so glad that we have them electronically now. The biggest treasure of the entire project though, was the blessings from friends and family whom our parents' lives have positively influenced. I spent many evenings shedding tears over the sweet words so many people wrote for them. It was truly and honor, and I count it an even greater blessing to be raised by such wonderful parents.

Keenan 40th Anniversary Book

Hacker 40th Anniversary Book

No comments:

Post a Comment