Saturday, August 6, 2011

MOPS Retreat - Hike

Early Sat. morning, Doreen, Kristi, and I went for a 6am hike to the water bowls. I had heard of them a while ago and was excited to go with some girls who knew the way there. Not only was a 6am going to be beautiful, but also very fun. The thought of being up that early and seeing the sun rise over the mountains would be gorgeous, and I didn't want to miss out on such a special treat.  I also wanted to be able to come back with my boys sometime and share the adventure with them.

I was so thankful I did get up and go. The morning was absolutely beautiful, and getting up that early to see the sun first hit the mountains was spectacular. I could have taken thousands of pictures if we had had time. Despite a couple wrong turns, and a few scary spots up and down some cliffs, it was a spectacular way to start the morning.

We finally made it to the water bowls after an hour and 15 min of hiking. We were more than willing to jump in and cool off. The ice cold mountain water was fridged but felt so good! What an experience, and a great first memory with our MOPS team!


Heading down the cliff, the wrong one I might add. Not for the faint of heart, like me!

We followed this creek the whole way. Sometimes it was dry, other times it was quite wet!

The views were spectacular!

Our path....a little rocky!
The water bowls.

No comments:

Post a Comment