Friday, August 5, 2011

MOPS Retreat



Starting off the MOPS year, with a basically brand new team,  I knew that we were going to need an overnight retreat. I was so thankful that Glenn Eyrie could sneak us in at the last minute so that we could all get away and concentrate on forming relationships that would carry us thru our year in ministry together.

My prayer from the moment I started planning the retreat was that we would be able to form some great friendships to start off the year on the right foot. To be quite honest, I didn't even really care if we so much as discussed the MOPS year, agenda, speakers or crafts - I just wanted us to become friends and get to know one another well.

Mission accomplished! From the second Stacey and I arrived on Friday to set up for the girls, we knew this was going to be out of our hands, and in the Lords. The facility wasn't exactly what we had envisioned, and a few laughs later, and chocolates on the pillows, we were all set to go. Thankfully the girls saw it the same way, and our guards were let down immediately as we laughed about our 1960's basement bedrooms!

The grounds sure made up for it though. We walked to the dining hall and all were taken away by the beauty of the grounds. Everything was so green, and well taken care of. It was breath taking! The meals they served us were delicious, and we closed out the dining hall at each meal. We were so content to sit there and have an hour plus to sit and chat with each other. It was wonderful to see the instant connections made.
Carriage House - where we checked in.




Beautiful Flowers!




 I had made some little chocolate treats for each person's place setting at dinner. It had one word written on it, and was to serve as a means for us to get to know one another better. Little did I know, God was going to take care of those conversations, and by the end of the first meal almost everyone had answered ALL of the questions. I could have not asked for a more dynamic team. The sparks were literally flying! 

Conversation starters, that were not needed, but thoroughly enjoyed!

After dinner we headed over to our lodge to watch a DVD sermon from Matt Heard to kick off our year. It resonated with many of the girls, in terms of MOPS and in life. What a wonderful way to start off our year!
After our time of discussion, they wanted to jump right into MOPS details. While I had assumed everyone was going to want some free play time, they were ready to get to work! I was so impressed! We covered more than half of Saturdays agenda that evening! What a team!




             

Sunset from our meeting room in the lodge.




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great time... and though I know that serving on MOPS leadership isn't where God wants me right now, I still sort of wish I was! :)

    ReplyDelete